'Bejon Desai Foundation' works in the field of education and anything that accounts for 'radical positive change' in education, may it be imparting 'Teacher Training' under Integral Education following the philosophy of Sri Aurobindo and Mother or be it facililating vocational training to rural youth.
One of the noteworthy accomplishments of the 'Bejon Desai Foundation' is the establishment of a 'Educators Academy'. It envisions the teacher as the 'Catalyst' to bring about a change in education in particular. The other remarkable activities include vocational training to the rural youth at Pathare village, providing nursing education to seven girls and providing meals to the university hostel students in Aurangabad.
Activities Under Bejon Desai Foundation
1. Construction of Secondary School for Under Privileged Children at Nashik by the name of Lt. Jaikumar Tibrewala English Medium School.
2. Foundation has financially supported 180 students of Dhanalaxmi School, Nashik In 3 different Vocational skills such as Mobile Repairing, Basic Tailoring and Electrical Wiring trades Boys and Girls studying in 7th,8th & 9th Grades were given successful skill based education.
3. Bejon Desai Foundation has Entered in MOU with USDC Skill development center, Pune and established a State of art Training center at Pathardi Phata for sponsoring skill training in various technical fields, to more than 600 needy students every year which includes CNC operating & Programming , Mobile Repairing, A/C refrigeration, & Basic and advance Tailoring, The Automobile Work shop has both Two wheeler & Four Wheeler sections of both Petrol & Diesel Engine.
4. Collaborated with Sri Aurobindo Society, Puducherry, for training the trainers.
5. A team of twenty professional trainers having gone through rigourous training at Sri Aurobindo Society Pondicherry.
6. Vision of training teachers under the philosophy of Integral Education (IE)
7. Mentoring teachers of Progressive English Medium School, Pathardi Phata on implementation of Integral Education for the next few years.
8. Conducted many Open Workshops for teachers, principals and management representatives on Basic Introduction to Integral Education.
9. Conducted Leadership workshop for the vice principals and principals of Dang Seva Mandal, Nashik on Integral Education. Once in a month follow session are conducted.
10. Organised and conducted Basic Introduction to Integral Education workshop for the teachers of Sahyadri Bahujan Vidya Prasarak Samaj, Sangamner and Atma Malik International School, Atagaon, Shahapur.
Bejon Desai Foundation is providing skill development training to Dang Seva Mandal, tribal schools. The training is provided in school premises for four basic skills of tailoring, electricity repairing, mobile repairing & basic computer training. These three schools are at Ambegan, Ware & Sule a total 250 students are benifited by this initiative.
' Jayam' Foundation is a tiny organization Registered Under Section 8 ( 1) of the companies act 2013 working in the fields of 'Environment and 'Rural Health'. 'Jayam' is the brainchild of Late Shri. Jaikumarji Tibrewala and executed through the passion, strenuous efforts and vision of Shri. Manoj Tibrewala.
Within the shorter span of just above two years of its inception, 'Jayam' has done a pioneering work in the field of sustainable environment and rural health.
Jayam has committed itself to the cause of "Sustainable Environment and Rural Health". As the volume of the above mentioned fields is so high that the Foundation decided to classify and choose the categories as to work in. So we have confined ourselves to 'Tree Plantation' in Sustainable Environment and 'Supply of Purified Water (R.O. Plants Installation )' as far as rural health is concerned.
The core purpose of the R. O. Plant is to make Gram Panchayat self sustaining. Self sustainable Gram Panchayat was the dream of Mahatma Gandhi. It has been also incorporated in the Indian Constitution through the 73rd Constitutional Amendment.
What is a Self - Sustainable Gram Panchayat ?
In the eyes of the Foundation, a self sustainable Gram Panchayat is one that does not need external resources to carry out its developmental activities. However, the demanding circumstances and the meager grants and resources' Available with the Gram panchayat do not fulfill the needs of the rural folks. It needs a 'push'. Jayam Foundation has taken upon the responsibility to give that vital push towards the self sustainability of the Gram Panchayat through the R. O. Plants.
The purified water is provided to the rural families at a cost that is easily affordable to them. It is five rupees per twenty liters. Every household that wants purified water needs to subscribe for and withdrawal Card. It is a prepaid card. The household can recharge it for as many times as it wants – and as much amount as it wants. The revenue that is generated out of this recharge is again either put back into the maintenance and up gradation of the plant itself or into any other welfare activity. This decision lies solely with the concerned Gram Panchayats. The Foundation has nothing to do with the amount of the revenue.
The foundation's mission of empowering the Gram Panchayats does not stop here! It goes one step further. After the successful running of the project for one full year, the foundation initiates vocational training for the unemployed youth of the village depending upon the local needs.
1. Approximately 14600 saplings of 12 different species are planted at DARNA (Tal: Igatpuri) in association with Dept. of Irrigation Nashik
2. Approximately 14000 saplings of 12 different species are planted at KASHYAPI(Tal: Trimbakeshwar) in association with Dept. of Irrigation Nashik
3. Nearly 8,500 fruit trees & Mango, Amla, Jackfruit etc. Have planted at villiage Jakhori, Tal- Nashik. In 19 acres of land.